This is a guide for migrating App Volumes app stacks, metadata, and entitlements to a new datastore. I’ll also cover the clean up steps to remove references to the old location(s). What will not be covered are writable volumes.
These instructions are intended for App Volumes 2.18 and may be applicable to other versions in the 2.x branch. The steps for metadata cleanup were obtained through collaboration with VMware Business Critical Support.
- Administrator role in vSphere vCenter.
- Administrator role in App Volumes Manager.
- Administrator privileges to the App Volumes Manager operating system.
- Access to the App Volumes database server, SQL Server Management Studio, and at least DBO privileges on the App Volumes database.
- A recent database backup in case a rollback is required.
- Use Storage Groups to duplicate existing app stacks and metadata to a new datastore.
- Remove the Storage Group after duplication has occurred.
- Remove the old datastore.
- Metadata cleanup